Give Young People a Better Future
Every bit, even $1, is a huge help
But not everyone is that lucky. Many young people in South Africa do not have these same opportunities.
Orphaned, bounced around from children’s home to children’s home, they are doing the best they can just to survive.
In South Africa there are over 21,000 orphans, children and young adults living in 345 children’s homes.
At 18 they are forced to leave care, often without a place to live, or a parent figure to show them the way.
They do not have the proper guidance to learn the things that many of us take for granted: job skills, home skills, life skills.
They often feel lonely and isolated, vulnerable to a life of drugs and crime on the street.
How SA-YES Can Fill the Gap
SA-YES works to fill the void in the lives of these youth by assisting them into adulthood via a one-to-one mentoring programme.
We match each youth with a trained mentor, who can offer the support and guidance they need to help them make the transition to responsible adulthood.
Our program has grown tremendously in just three years, both in the number of people served and in positive outcomes.
Our graduates have gone on to:
- Higher education and training
- Independent living, or returned to their communities
But we need your help to do more!
Your Donation, No Matter How Small, Will Have a Direct and Positive Impact
- Even for just $1 a month, your donation will go directly towards helping young people source education or training, employment, housing, personal development and more
- You’ll be a vital part of the support system we provide to a young person who would otherwise be vulnerable to life on the street
- Every donation is a massive help