Donation Clarification

We’ve seen some questions pop up around online regarding the Justgiving donation process and we’d like to take a moment to address them here. First of all, thank you many times over for those who have already generously given. We’ll be updating here with the progress of the programme, and will even have some stories from the youth themselves to give you a first hand look at how things are progressing, so please be sure to check back with us frequently.

For those of you who may need some clarification on the donation process, here are a few of the questions we are seeing online:

Q. I do not have a UK based bank account, can I still donate?
A. Yes, of course! Justgiving will indeed transfer the currency of your country of origin to Pounds, so there is no need to worry on that front.

Q. In her message, Gillian has donation amounts listed in USD, but Justgiving only accepts donations in GBP. What should we do?
A. Justgiving allows you to donate in any currrency and they will transfer the amount into Pounds. If you would like to know how much your donation is in your currency, go to the Justgiving website, click on `help’, `donating’ and `I live outside the UK. Can I donate to a Justgiving fundraising page?’ – here Justgiving offers a link to a currency conversion site which will translate your currency into Pounds. For those of you who are interested in a signed picture from Gillian – go ahead and set up your monthly payments based on the currency conversion for that day and please ensure you leave your contact details so that we can forward your signed photo once we have received six payments from you.

Q. Can I specify the length of my monthly donations?
A.Currently with Justgiving there is no way to tell the system “I’d like to donate £X for eight months”. If at some point you need to end your monthly donations, you can do so manually under your account in the Justgiving system.

We hope this alleviates some of the confusion we’ve seen online! If you have any other questions, feel free to leave a comment here or drop us an email and we will do our best to answer. Thanks a million to those of you who who have already donated to Off The Street Kids!

Best wishes from the fundraising team at Off The Street Kids.

Posted in Fundraising, News
12 comments on “Donation Clarification
  1. Julie Tomlin says:

Hi Guys,

I have jusy set up a monthly donation. It is very easy to do and only takes a couple of minutes. It is very satisfying knowing that each month you personally are helping to make a difference to such a worthy cause.

Thanks
    Julie Tomlin

2. Lynne says:

I would really like to set up a monthly donation, but I am not keen on the fact that you can only do this via Mastercard/Visa . Why can we not do this via Direct Debit via Debit Card or PayPal.

Thanks
    Lynne

3. Alison says:

It looks like you can only make single donations with PayPal and not monthly. This is just something in the Justgiving system we don’t have control over. You may want to send Justgiving an email and see if monthly Paypal payments are coming in the future.

4. Dan S. says:

Is it possible to make a one time donation that would cover 6 months at a time. That would be easier for me than the current options. I would perfer just to send a check to OTSK via this website. Dan

5. Neeze says:

I live outside the UK but I will try to do. I’m helping some charities here in my country (Thailand).
    I prefer wanna do like Dan S. Can we??? I have a little problem about money transfer here.

6. Kari S says:

Is there any way to just give the 6 months worth of donations in one lump sum? I know Gillian asked for 6 months, but I would rather just give a big amount once and not have to worry about cancelling the account 6 months from now. And who knows, maybe later on I can give more as a lump sum too.
    Please get back to me!
    Thank you!

7. ray seidl says:

is there a way to send just one donation

8. Amy says:

A once-off donation of $120 will also qualify for an autographed picture, instead of donating monthly. Please send us an email with your postal address when you have made the payment, confirming how the payment was made.

If you need help converting your currency into pounds, you can send an email to fundraising@offthestreetkids.org and we will look it up for you.

Best wishes,
    Amy
    The Fundraising Team

9. mike says:

were do we send the money

10. In response to Mike’s question, you can make payments by clicking on the `one off donation’ or `monthly donation’ links on the home page of this website. If you would rather send a cheque in the post, you can send it to our registered office address, which is:

Off The Street Kids
    2-6 Cannon Street
    London
    EC4M 6YH

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me at fundraising@offthestreetkids.org.

Best wishes,
    Amy
    The Fundraising Team

11. Chels says:

Does Gillian still do the autograph for donations of $120? It’s been a couple years, but I was wondering.

12. Bella says:

Dear Chels

Yes this fundraising project is still running. You can make your donation via our website and send us an email with proof of your $120.00 donation including your home address and we will gladly send you an autographed photograph.

Should you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to email bella@sa-yes.com

We wish you a wonderful day and a very happy festive season.

Best wishes,
    Bella
    The Fundraising Team

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About SA-YES

SA-YES was founded in 2008 to offer much-needed support and guidance for children and young people in South Africa.

We provide youth leaving children's homes with guidance that will enable them to develop their skills, further their education and source suitable housing, in order for them to participate in society as independent, mature, responsible adults.

Learn more

Support Us With A Donation

For every R100 you donate, R85 directly benefits the youth and the remaining R15 supports our fundraising and administration. Use the currency converter to check what that means in your currency.

Make a donation to change a life.

Give support to youth in need -- Donate Now